Trochanteric Bursitis: Causes and Primary Prevention
Trochanteric bursitis is a condition where you experience lateral hip pain especially when you walk or sleep on the affected side. It is also strongly felt when you move your hips or whenever you lean your weight to it so it gets direct pressure. What are the causes that increase your risks of developing this condition?
What Are The Various Causes Trochanteric Bursitis?
1. It can be attributed to the calcium deposits or the hip bone spurs. These are found in your tendon attached to your trochanter.
2. It can be due to an injury towards the point of your hip. This injury can be caused by bumping your hip into an object, falling onto your hip or lying on one side of your body for a prolonged period.
3. The condition can also be a result of a previous surgery. This is highly possible, especially if you had surgery around your hips or if you had prosthetic implants on that body part.
4. It can be attributed to an overuse or injury in the joint areas. Standing, running or climbing for extensive periods can cause this.
5. It can also be due to your incorrect posture. Spinal problems such as arthritis of the lower spine or scoliosis can lead to trochanteric bursitis.
6. It can be caused by stress on your soft tissues. This can be due to a poorly positioned bone or joint.
7. It can be attributed to diseases or other medical conditions. Suffering from infection, rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid disease, adverse drug reaction, psoriasis or gout can also cause this hip problem.
What Are the Primary Preventive Measures When Dealing With Trochanteric Bursitis?
1. Warm up properly before exercising or engaging in rigorous physical activity. You should consider stretching your outer thigh muscles before any exercise or sports.
2. Avoid riding bicycles with seats that are adjusted too high.
3. Do not overuse your bursae so limit your hiking, bicycling and stair climbing.
4. Avoid putting pressure on your hip area. If possible, do not sit in your car for prolonged periods, especially when the seats are adjusted too low. You should also avoid lying on only one side of the body.
5. Consider dieting to lose extra pounds, especially if you are overweight.
6.You may also want to start taking a supplement that contains graviola. Research has shown that a graviola may be able to provide you with a number of benefits.
Do you think you can now handle this condition effectively? If you are already feeling pain in the hip area, do not just think of it as an ordinary effect of your daily routines. This may already be an alarming signthat can help save your life. Do not hesitate to consult a doctor to know more about trochanteric bursitis and its prevention.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any diseases.