Traditional and Modern Uses of Graviola Supplements
Aside from being an alternative treatment for cancer, there are other uses of Graviola. This fruit has been used for centuries, making it one of the popular herbal supplements. However, before we discuss the traditional and modern uses of this fruit, let’s discuss what it is.
What Is Graviola?
Graviola, or guanabana, is a fruit-bearing tree that grows in South and Central America. Its leaves and barks can cure numerous health diseases, from rickets to diabetes. However, recent studies reveal its potential to cure cancer.
Graviola is rich in vitamins B2, B1, and C. It also has magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and calcium. Moreover, the stem of this tree is full of antioxidants that repair oxidative damage and fight free radicals.
Traditional Uses of Guanabana Around the World
As mentioned earlier, old people have used Graviola for several medicinal purposes. For this reason, many countries have planted these trees and used it as medicine. Below are the traditional uses of this fruit around the world.
- Peru – Peruvians brew and use the leaves of this fruit to treat swelling in the mucous membrane. They also drink it to eliminate clogged nose, and to treat the lungs and throat.
- Amazon – People who live in this region use the root and leaves of guanabana to balance blood sugar levels.
- Caribbean – Caribbean people drink Graviola tea to treat respiratory diseases. Furthermore, lactating mothers eat this fruit to increase milk production.
- South America – Latin countries drink the juice of guanabana to cure scurvy and dysentery. Meanwhile, they use the bark and roots for sedation.
Modern Medicinal Uses of Guanabana
While there are many Graviola capsules for cancer, there are other diseases that it can cure. Here are some of the Graviola capsule benefits.
1. Boosts the Immune System
One of the many Graviola capsule benefits is that it improves the immune system of its consumers. A daily dose of its extract will help you fight viruses associated with flu and cough.
2. Improves the Digestive System
Guanabana has antiparasitic and antiviral properties which promote healthy digestion. It cures diarrhea, constipation, and promotes bowel movements. Furthermore, it eliminates worms and parasites in your body.
3. Alleviates Back Pain
Many people believe that taking Graviola supplements helps relieve back pains. However, there is no scientific research to prove its claims.
Indeed, there are many uses of Graviola. You just need to take an effective product like the Organic and Kosher Certified Freeze Dried PURE Soursop - Graviola Capsules ( also known as Graviola - Soursop - Guanabana and Guyabano) to enjoy its benefits.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any diseases.