The Fat Facts: Why Do Eating Disorders Happen to You?
Eating disorders are a very serious matter that can cause death. Most of the time, there are psychological causes of eating disorders. It can be a combination of many factors that include environment, biochemical, cultural and genetic factors. Most of the time, it is caused by too much stress or depression. If not treated immediately, it can cause serious illnesses, mental problems, and even death.
A good example of a biological factor is genetics. Nutritional deficiencies and an abnormal hormone function can also be a cause. Having a negative perception of one's body and lack of confidence and self-esteem are some psychological factors of having an eating disorder. Additionally, environmental factors such as childhood trauma, peer pressure or life changing events can contribute to one's eating disorder.
What Are the Signs or Symptoms of People That Have an Eating Disorder?
How would you know if one has an eating disorder? How do people with eating disorders feel about their bodies? If you are doing one or more of the following, you might have an eating disorder. These are:
1. You're obsessed with food or counting calories excessively.
2. Dramatic change of weight
3. Constantly dieting even though the body is overweight.
4. Doesn't want to go to social gatherings
5. Depression and irritability
6. Abnormal eating patterns and unmanageable cravings
7. Eating alone or hiding food
8. Overeating then feeling guilty afterward
9. Throwing up food or not eating food at all
10. You're using laxatives or avoid a lot of food.
Am I Eating Normally or Do I Have an Eating Behavioral Problem or Disorder?
The sufferer of an eating disorder might not know they have an eating disorder. If many people have noticed or told you that you might have one, it's best to consult your physician.
Proper Diet and Nutrition Is the Key
If you are a teen, it's absolutely important for you to take care of your body by having proper nutrition. This is the absolute time to make correct nutritional decisions as your body is developing, as these will be the foundation of your health and the start of your journey to fitness. You would like to fill your body with the best nutrients to ensure that you stay healthy and strong.
Seven Habits of Nutrition
John Berardi, from Precision Nutrition and their co-founder, is one of the most respected and popular nutritional experts specializing in nutrition and human performance. He has written about seven habits of nutrition that is solely about nutrition. Here’s a list:
- For every 2 to 3 hours, eat approximately 5 to 8 small meals a day.
- All meals should have lean meat or protein.
- Always include vegetables or fruits in your meals.
- Most of the carbohydrate consumption should be from fruits and veggies.
- Drink unsweetened beverages that also have low-calorie content.
- Eat whole foods if possible.
- Your calorie count from fats should only be 25 to 35 percent.
Knowing these eating disorder facts can help you prevent getting an eating disorder in the future. Again, don't give in to peer pressure and have a proper diet to avoid eating disorders. Eating vegetables, fruits and vitamins such as Organic & Kosher Freeze Dried PURE Acerola Cherry Capsules can help you have a healthy diet.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any diseases.