The Dangers of Caffeine
Many people drink caffeine—it’s in coffee, tea, soda, and chocolate. But did you know that caffeine can be dangerous? Drinking a cup of coffee a day or the occasional soda may not be that bad for most people, but consuming too much of this chemical can lead to many horrible side-effects. Caffeine is even addictive! Here are a few of the reasons caffeine is dangerous.
• Ingesting any caffeine a few hours before going to sleep can lead to restlessness and even insomnia. Those who regularly drink caffeine in the evening may find their sleep patterns changed.
• Caffeine can lead to irregular heartbeat and may cause existing heart conditions to worsen, especially in those who are sensitive to caffeine.
• Caffeine can increase nervousness in those who already deal with issues such as social anxiety. Overall, it can make any type of anxiety disorder worse.
• Ingesting a large amount of caffeine has been known to make bipolar disorder worse. Those who suffer from bipolar disorder are often cautioned to greatly limit the amount of caffeine they ingest. It’s possible it can even override medication and cause difficulties for those who have controlled their disorder for years.
• Caffeine can cause diarrhea and may worsen the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
• Some studies have shown that caffeine may actually change how the body absorbs and uses sugar, which could make diabetes worse.
• People who suffer from epilepsy should be very careful about how much caffeine they ingest. It can easily make the illness worse.
• Caffeine can increase blood pressure, so those with high blood pressure should avoid ingesting large amounts.
These are just a few of the issues that caffeine can cause or make worse. That’s why we make certain that none of our products contain caffeine. We want to provide the healthiest supplements possible without any additives.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any diseases.