Folk Remedies for Improving Your Life Using Only Graviola
Before our parents (or even our grandparents) were born, there were no prescription drugs. Our ancestors only used natural herbs to cure certain medical conditions. Most alternative treatments are still used today. One of these natural treatments is Graviola, commonly known as soursop or guanabana.
What Is Graviola?
Graviola or soursop is a tropical fruit that grows in South America and Southeast Asia. The fruit has a sweet, tangy flavor and has white pulp with some fiber. The peel, on the other hand, is green in color with spikes.
Back in the day, people used it for treating numerous diseases. While many people use this fruit as an alternative medicine, some drink it as a smoothie or eat it as a dessert. They add the pulp to ice cream to give it a sweet and tangy taste.
Traditional Uses of Guanabana
The good thing about this fruit is that all guanabana parts have health benefits, from the roots of the tree up to its leaves. The bark, leaves, and the roots are excellent sources of phytochemicals.
1. The bark and roots of this fruit can be used as a sedative. These parts are good sources of tryptophan, a chemical that induces sleep. You can put it in your room or under your pillow. You can use it for aroma therapy, and it will help you feel relaxed at night.
2. Meanwhile, even Graviola leaves have many purposes. You can brew the leaves and drink it as a tea to remove mucus from your nose. Additionally, Graviola tea can help maintain your blood sugar levels. This is because the plant’s leaves are rich in phytochemicals that help stabilize glucose levels.
3. As for the seeds, you can use it as a skin astringent. You just need to pulverize it and turn it into a concoction. Doing this every day will help remove unwanted dark spots, fine lines, and blemishes.
4. Aside from that, you can also use the seeds to treat muscle spasms. Again, you need to pound the seeds to get the Graviola liquid extract.
5. As for the Graviola pulp, our ancestors used this part to cure hematuria, scurvy, dysentery, and urethritis. They would eat the fruit raw or get its extract and drink it as juice.
Today, people eat this fruit or take Graviola supplements like Organic and Kosher Certified Freeze Dried PURE Soursop - Graviola Capsules (also known as Graviola - Soursop - Guanabana and Guyabano) to help fight cancer. Studies show that the nutrients found in this tropical fruit can help prevent cancer cell production and tumor metastasis.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any diseases.