Different Reasons Why You Should Consider Regular Doctor's Visit
When we were kids, most of our parents would usually make sure that we are getting a check-up at least once a year. However, as we grow, we tend to forget about this routine.
According to health practitioners, getting a check-up should be a part of our priority list. These regular exams can help recognize possible problems and risk factors before they develop into a critical condition. Eventually, having yourself checked regularly can help you have a long and healthy life.
Regular Doctor’s Visit for the Prevention of Health Problems
The primary purpose of regular check-up is for the prevention of serious illnesses. A lot of people try to skip this routine because of the check up the cost. But doing this helps you save money in the long run.
A regular check-up would usually include any of the following:
- Urine, blood, hearing and vision test
- Blood pressure and cholesterol assessment
- Boosters and immunization shots
- Discussion about your lifestyle
- Screening tests for those at risk of developing certain conditions
Other screening needed for men:
- If men aged 50 have a family history of prostate cancer, a rectal exam is conducted to check for any abnormal lumps on the prostate region.
- At the age of 65-75, an abdominal exam is done on men who have smoked cigarettes. This will check any enlargement of the aorta which can lead to an aortic aneurysm.
Additional screening recommended for women:
- Every three years, women should undergo Pap smear. This procedure will determine the possibility of developing cervical cancer.
- Breast exam to check for any lumps and abnormal growth
- Bone density screening for women over 65 years old
Preparations You Need to Do Before a Doctor’s Visit
Other than preparing the amount necessary for the check-up cost, there are things you need to do. These include:
- Updating your family history
- Listing questions you want to ask regarding any general screening or vaccinations required
- During the actual visit, don’t hesitate to ask any question and consult any problem you may be experiencing.
- List down any instructions from your physician.
If you want to get the most out of your check up, you should come prepared. If you are planning to take any supplements like Organic & Kosher Freeze Dried PURE Acerola Cherry Capsules, this is the time for you to inform your doctor and ask questions if you have any.
The FDA has not evaluated these statements. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any disease.