Building Up Immunity
The human body may do a good job all on its own in combating diseases and illnesses, but it’s not perfect. Sometimes bacteria, viruses, and germs make their way through its defenses and lead to sickness. Fortunately, there are some things you can do to help combat this. Here are a few ways of building up your immune system.
• Stop damaging your body. Smoking, eating a large amount of sugar, drinking a lot of alcoholic beverages, and other bad habits can severely compromise the immune system. Before you can build up your immune system, you have to stop tearing it down.
• Get moving. Exercise does a lot for the body. Even if you don’t go to the gym, get up and walk around the block a few times or go up and down the stairs. Even as little as walking for 20 to 30 minutes every other day can provide a huge number of health bonuses.
• Take a good supplement. You may also want to start taking an acai berry supplement. Research has shown that a supplement such as the acai berry may be able to provide you with a number of benefits.
• Get a good amount of sleep. If the body isn’t rested, it’s not prepared to fight off infections and illnesses. Be sure to take the time to rest every day.
• Eat right. While there’s a lot of argument about what a “good” diet consists of, few people would argue that fruits, vegetables, and whole grains need to be included. Try to limit the number of carbs, especially sugars, and watch how much saturated fat you’re eating. Sometimes, even a few small changes in the diet can do wonders for the body.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any diseases.