Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Omega 3 fatty acids have many different benefits, but many people don’t get enough of them to truly make a difference in their overall health. Omega 3 fatty acids can be found in a lot of fish and in some plants, but most people get them from different supplements like fish oils. Another great source of this essential fat is the acai berry, which is why many people invest in an acai berry supplement.
While you can get Omega 3 fats from both animals and plants, they’re not the same. The ones that come from animals, including fish, are docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid. These two acids are why fish oil and Omega 3 fats are said to be very, very good for the heart.
There are a number of other things that omega 3 fats can do for the body. Here are just a few of them:
• They can help with the stiffness and the joint pain that comes with rheumatoid arthritis.
• Omega 3 fatty acids may make anti-inflammatory medication more effective.
• They lower triglyceride levels, which in turn lowers the risk of heart disease.
• They may help improve lung functions and make it easier for people with asthma to breath.
• Studies have shown that omega 3 fats may help cope with ADHD and reduce its symptoms.
• They may also assist with memory and critical thinking skills.
• They may help protect the elderly from developing dementia and Alzheimer’s.
• Omega 3 fats have been show to help combat depression and boost the potency of some antidepressant medications.
If you’re not getting enough Omega 3 fatty acids in your diet, you may think about taking fish oil. However, this supplement tastes bad and can be expensive. That’s why many people turn to the acai berry—they get their Omega 3 fats plus a ton of other great vitamins and minerals, plus it tastes much better. Research has shown that a supplement such as the acai berry may be able to provide you with a number of benefits.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any diseases.