Benefits and Risks of Taking Health Supplements
What are health supplements? Health supplements have been around for long, and it has helped many people in achieving balanced diet, which could've been difficult by resorting to food alone. It is also impractical to count every calorie and vitamin intake on a daily basis so it helps to attain the right amount taking a single pill. And with our environment slowly becoming polluted and toxic, the more it becomes the more challenging to stay healthy.
Health supplements also come in other forms aside from capsules or tablets, like powder and ready-to-drink ones. There are also more advanced health supplements that target a specific illness like diabetes, hypertension, obesity or even cancer. These are not medicines, although their herbal or fruit composition is said to contain the right amounts of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that are essential in helping the body battle the disease. Examples are detox and superfoods which are freeze-dried and packed in a pill or converted into powder form to be mixed with the liquids that the patient consumes. Known superfoods include acai berries, goji berries, cocoa, chia seeds, mangosteens, and garlic.
Benefits of Health Supplements
- Health supplements are developed to help people augment their vitamin, nutrient, and mineral intake to sustain a healthy well-being. Overall, the best health supplement to take is an ideal source to help people stay healthy despite harmful environments they are subjected into. Its host of advantages include:
- Health supplements help the body derive and metabolize the essential nutrients found in food.
- Combined with proper diet and exercise, it can speed up the replenishing of little or lost nutrients in our body and achieve the right balance.
- People like athletes, who are required to have outstanding amounts of nutrients to help them endure their rigorous training, usually take health supplements. Health supplement for pregnancy like folic acid supplements to help a woman's body nourish her unborn child and aid in its proper development while inside the womb.
There are health supplements best to be taken alongside a medication, to help the body recover faster.
Risks in Health Supplements
Health supplements aren't meant to replace any food or type of exercise but are best taken accompanied by it. Over-reliance to health supplements may put your health at risk. Here are some drawbacks in taking health supplements:
- It can be more expensive to buy health supplements than the food loaded with the same nutrients and vitamins.
- Consuming prolonged and excessive amounts of health supplements may entail side effects. The dosage found on the label may not be accurate for you.
- There are certain vitamins and nutrients which may interfere which other's absorption.
Health supplements are overall, beneficial to one's health, but should be taken responsibly and under medical supervision to ensure maximized benefits. The internet contains a lot of information concerning health supplements available like Organic and Kosher Certified PURE Freeze Dried Açai Berry Powder Capsules, and it is best to conduct research before considering one.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any diseases.